On May 24, the Coquitlam Amateur Radio club hosted an Open House for the public to visit and witness first-hand our newly enhanced and refurbished facilities.
The members of the club worked tirelessly for many months putting in countless hours that included installing cables, wiring cradles and other equipment, painting, constructing, cleaning and so much more.
We now have our three 80′ free-standing antenna towers, newly acquired radios and equipment and renovated operating room – all operational.
We are dedicated and strive to be ready in order to assist the local community in the event of a major emergency by providing secondary radio (voice & data) communications for the City of Coquitlam.
As president of the club, I am continue to be awed and inspired by our volunteer members and their incredible energy and personal dedication along with their resources they contributed to improve our facilities.
We thank everyone that attended our open house and making it a great success!
- The Kinsmen Club of Coquitlam for their catering services
- Icom Canada: Paul Veel VE7PVL, Albert Riopel VE7BYI for demonstrating current Icom products
- Burnaby Radio: Mike Wong VE7HMW for supplying equipment
- Linda Reimer, BC MLA for Port Moody-Coquitlam
- Richard Stewart, Mayor of Coquitlam and his daughter Vanessa
- Bonita Zarillo, Coquitlam Councillor
- Teri Towner, Coquitlam Councillor
- Greg Kanya, Manager Emergency Programs, Coquitlam
- Gary Mulligan, Rod Gill, Coquitlam Assistant Fire Chiefs
Here is a slide show containing a selection of photos from the open house – enjoy.
Photos courtesy of Ian Procyk VE7HHS and Dan Marsland VA7DCR.